- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, mash 1 can black beans; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the mashed beans, remaining beans, half of the enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup cheese; heat through.
- Place 2/3 cupfuls of bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTurkey and Black Bean Enchiladas
"Very easy to make but next time I may use more cheese and taco seasoning."
"Delicious! Love the flavors. My family devours it."
"This is a keeper! This made 8 enchiladas. My 2 yr old even liked the filling. I used wheat tortillas, & added chili powder & seasonings for a little spice."
"Used green enchilada sauce and substituted an Anaheim pepper for the green pepper."
"Super good recipe, just needed a little more taste, so i mixed red and green enchilada sauce and it was perfect! Makes awesome leftovers."
"Very fast and hearty meal. Great to take to a potluck."
"Good and easy!"