Tossed Green Salad
I never clutter the table with different bottles of dressing. Everyone who tastes my quick and easy herbed version loves it.—Carole Holder, Norman, Oklahoma
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, cucumber, peas, onions and
- celery. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing
- ingredients; shake well. Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 92 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.