Tomato-Cucumber Mozzarella Salad Recipe
I used fresh mozzarella for the first time last year and loved it. I wanted to incorporate it into as many dishes as possible and came up with this salad. It has quickly become a mainstay at my house. —Jennifer Klann, Corbett, Oregon
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, quartered and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onions
- 12 pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onions, olives, parsley and basil.
- 2. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegars, sugar, salt, oregano and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Just before serving, stir in cheese. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 160 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Tomato-Cucumber Mozzarella Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC