- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, quartered and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onions
- 12 pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onions, olives, parsley and basil. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Just before serving, stir in cheese. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTomato-Cucumber Mozzarella Salad
"Delicious salad. I use cherry or grape tomatoes as they are easier to cut up. Will make this often!"
"Excellent salad! I will be making this again and again."
"Love this!! Mozzarella is gluten-free....so, I loved it even more. Try to make it at least every other week."
"This was wonderful, I used fresh produce from the garden and we cleaned the bowel out at supper. Big hit! Will definitely make it again!"
"Being raised on a farm, my mother would often make this wonderful salad on a hot summer's day. I am anxious to try it with mozzarella cheese. Can't get any better than that!"
"left out the olives but loved it!"
"Recommended by my dental hygienist. Made it yesterday for a dnr. Two spoonfuls left over. Flavor is fantastic."