- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, quartered and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onions
- 12 pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onions, olives, parsley and basil. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Just before serving, stir in cheese. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTomato-Cucumber Mozzarella Salad
"Delicious salad. I use cherry or grape tomatoes as they are easier to cut up. Will make this often!"
"Excellent salad! I will be making this again and again."
"Love this!! Mozzarella is gluten-free....so, I loved it even more. Try to make it at least every other week."
"This was wonderful, I used fresh produce from the garden and we cleaned the bowel out at supper. Big hit! Will definitely make it again!"
"Omitted the olives and used red instead of green pepper (added sweetness). A delicious salad caprese in a bowl with the added crunch of cucumber!"
"Fresh and delicious...a perfect salad for a hot summer day!"
"Being raised on a farm, my mother would often make this wonderful salad on a hot summer's day. I am anxious to try it with mozzarella cheese. Can't get any better than that!"
"Every time I make this the crowd loves it. I use all fresh veggies out of my garden when I can."
"left out the olives but loved it!"
"Recommended by my dental hygienist. Made it yesterday for a dnr. Two spoonfuls left over. Flavor is fantastic."