Tomato Crouton Casserole
HERE'S a side dish that's absolutely delicious. I've enjoyed making it for so many years that I don't recall where I got the recipe.
This is a perfect accompaniment to most any entree because it's so attractive to serve and quick to prepare.
-Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing croutons, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a greased 2-qt. casserole, combine tomatoes and 1 cup croutons.
- Stir in onion, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Dot with butter;
- sprinkle with remaining croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for
- 30-35 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 151 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 560 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.