Tomato-Basil Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. Layer the cheese, basil and tomatoes on four bread slices. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- 2. Cook in a preheated panini maker or indoor electric grill until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich: 411 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 541mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Grilled Cheese
"I did make it with Swiss instead of Mozz since that was what we had on hand."