Tomato-Basil Grilled Cheese
My teenager and I were in a lovely coffee shop and she was hungry for a sandwich. She never eats vegetables but loved this, so of course I had to duplicate it at home.
Kathryn Hudson, Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Layer the cheese, basil and tomatoes on four bread slices. Sprinkle
- tomatoes with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread. Spread
- outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Cook in a preheated panini maker or indoor electric grill until bread
- is browned and cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 411 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.