My teenager and I were in a lovely coffee shop and she was hungry for a sandwich. She never eats vegetables but loved this, so of course I had to duplicate it at home. —Kathryn Hudson, Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Fresh Basil Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Layer the cheese, basil and tomatoes on four bread slices. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Cook in a preheated panini maker or indoor electric grill until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Basil Grilled Cheese in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Reviews forTomato-Basil Grilled Cheese
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 10, 2013
"I did make it with Swiss instead of Mozz since that was what we had on hand."