- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Layer the cheese, basil and tomatoes on four bread slices. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Cook in a preheated panini maker or indoor electric grill until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTomato-Basil Grilled Cheese
"I did make it with Swiss instead of Mozz since that was what we had on hand."