Toffee Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
A delicious reminder of my childhood, this coffee cake was one of the many delightful treats my mom often made. —Megan Taylor
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits or 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each) , chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Stir baking soda into remaining flour mixture. Combine the buttermilk, egg and vanilla; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Add the toffee bits to the reserved crumb topping; sprinkle over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the topping.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 274 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC