- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits or 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each) , chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Stir baking soda into remaining flour mixture. Combine the buttermilk, egg and vanilla; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Add the toffee bits to the reserved crumb topping; sprinkle over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the topping.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forToffee Streusel Coffee Cake
"This is a very good recipe to make when you have leftover buttermilk. You can make this and feel virtuous for not wasting the buttermilk. It's very good for Sunday brunch."