Toffee Pecan Bars Recipe
Curl up with a hot cup of coffee and one of these treats from Gibsonia, Pennsylvania's Dianna Croskey. The golden topping and flaky crust give way to the heartwarming taste of old-fashioned pecan pie.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package English toffee bits (10 ounces) or almond brickle chips (7-1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 2. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix egg, milk and vanilla. Fold in toffee bits and pecans. Spoon over crust. Bake 24-26 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 179 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Toffee Pecan Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC