- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package English toffee bits (10 ounces) or almond brickle bits (7-1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until the mixture is crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Fold in toffee bits and pecans. Spoon over crust. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Chill until firm before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forToffee Pecan Bars
"YUM YUM! We enjoyed these...the buttery crust, creamy filling, the toffee chips and the toasty pecans. Will make again for sure. May try next time in an 8x8 dish to make thicker, but worked great in the 13x9 dish."
"So delicious. These are my husbands favorite. One tip I would give is to be sure to heavily butter your pan or you will have a very difficult time getting the bars out of the pan. Even better, I like to line the baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper so that you can easily lift the bars right out of the pan. I like this method the best."
"This is one of our family favorites. We enjoy these bars more than pecan pie. Make them just as the recipe states and your family will love them too."
"These are easy, good - nice recipe to have in your recipe box."
"This is so good and simple - turned out like the picture and everyone loved the flavor..."
"These are WONDERFUL - The folks at the office devored them so fast, I only got one piece!"
"THESE ARE AWESOME! easy to make & taste GREAT! I used 8oz pkg of toffee bits with about 4oz of butterscotch chips!! AWESOME!!"
"these look scrumptious!!"