Toasted Coconut Pudding Recipe
I decided to jazz up homemade vanilla pudding to make it taste like a Mounds candy bar. When the miniature chips are topped with the warm pudding, they melt into a rich creamy chocolate that's great with the chewy coconut.JoAnn Moseman, Altus Air Force Base, Oklahoma
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- 2. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons each of coconut and chips into dessert dishes. Top with pudding mixture and remaining coconut and chips. Serve warm or refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 365 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC