Tiramisu Toffee Torte Recipe
Tiramisu is Italian for "pick-me-up," and this treat truly lives up to its name. It's worth every bit of effort to see my husband's eyes light up when I put a piece of this delicious torte in front of him. —Donna Gonda, North Canton, Ohio
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 4 egg whites
- 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 1 Heath candy bar (1.4 ounces), chopped
- 1. Line two greased 9-in. round baking pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, coffee and egg whites; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in chopped candy bars.
- 2. Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in chocolate syrup and vanilla. Add the whipping cream. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the coffee. Spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Repeat layers twice. Top with the remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with chopped candy bar. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 395 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC