- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 4 egg whites
- 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 1 Heath candy bar (1.4 ounces), chopped
- Line two greased 9-in. round baking pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat the cake mix, coffee and egg whites on low speed until moistened. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Fold in chopped candy bars. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. When cool, split each cake into two horizontal layers.
- For frosting, in a chilled mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in chocolate syrup and vanilla. Add the whipping cream. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the coffee. Spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Repeat twice. Top with fourth cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with chopped candy bar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forTiramisu Toffee Torte
"Delicious! The hardest part was finding the Heath candy bars! Unlike some reviewers I found there to be plenty of frosting."
"Sure francedulac, should make a nice rich icing. You might need to cut back on the liquid a bit, marscapone is a bit softer."
"Can you sub mascarpone for the cream cheese?"
"Spectacular! One of the most loved recipes I made from Taste of Home!"
"I made this for Easter and we had company over and we all thought it was moist, delicious, and soft. It makes a lot of servings and I will absolutely make this again!"
"I made this torte for the first time and really liked it. I WILL be making it again!"
"Great recipe. I changed it a little as there is diabetes in the family. I used sugar free whip cream, less sugar as the chocolate sweetens it enough, and fat free cream cheese. It was so moist and delicious."
"These recipe are so good!!!"
"This is delicious! My cake layers didn't rise very high so not sure what happened so I didn't cut them into four layers. Frosting is wonderful. This is definitely worth making."