Tilapia with Tomato-Orange Relish Recipe
- 6 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1. Place fish in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the lemon-pepper. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the tomato, orange, onion, capers, brown sugar, vinegar and remaining salt. Serve with fish. Yield: 6 servings.
1 fillet with 8 teaspoons relish equals 219 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.