Three-Pepper Coleslaw Recipe
“There are never any leftovers when I make this dish for a picnic, barbecue or any social gathering.” —Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
- 1 package (10 ounces) angel hair coleslaw mix
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the first five ingredients in a large serving bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over coleslaw mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 36 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC