Three-Bean Taco Chili Recipe
This hearty chili is filling, nourishing and tastes like it simmered all day long. Leftover chili freezes well for a later time, so why not make a double recipe? To freeze: Cool remaining chili and transfer to freezer containers. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. To use frozen chili: Thaw in the refrigerator. Place in a saucepan and heat through. Wanda Lee - Yakima, WA
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa, taco seasoning and olives.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 446 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,360 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC