Texas Toast Turkey Melts
Strips of bacon and warm cheese sauce turn these open-faced sandwiches into a lip-smacking lunch. "Serve with a bowl of soup for speedy meal," suggests Karen Gentry from Somerset, Kentucky. "They're just as good when the turkey is replaced with ham."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 thick slices fresh white bread
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 18 bacon strips, cooked
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- Butter one side of each slice of bread; place buttered side up on a
- baking sheet. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until
- lightly toasted. Top with turkey; broil for 2 minutes or until
- heated through. Top each with three strips of bacon.
- Place cheese sauce in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high for 45
- seconds; stir. Microwave 45 seconds longer or until heated through.
- Pour over sandwiches. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 437 calories, 32 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 1,732 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.