Teriyaki Steak Subs Recipe
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 pineapple slices
- 4 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine steak sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the steak, peppers and onion in oil for 5 minutes Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in reserved sauce; top with pineapple.
- 2. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon meat mixture onto rolls; top each with two pineapple slices. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 681 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1327mg sodium, 97g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 7g fiber), 34g protein .
Reviews for Teriyaki Steak Subs
"This was a great sandwich recipe and went well with the potato salad I made to accompany it. However it didn't taste much like teriyaki to me, and if I make it again I fully intend on doubling the sauce. I skipped the pineapple due to time constraints but I'm positive it would've been wonderful on it."