Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry for 3 Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (3/4 pound), cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in batches in oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add broccoli, onion and peppers to the pan; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Return beef to the pan. Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup: 320 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1 starch.
Reviews for Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry for 3
"This is a wonderful stir-fry! Can't wait to make it again. Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"I made this tonight and actually just finished eating it. It was DELICIOUS! Nice sweet flavor. I used frozen vegetables and dried ground ginger because I did not have fresh ginger and everything was still very flavorful. I would like to know if anyone drained the grease from the beef before cooking the veggies? It did not say to do so, but I did and just added a little more canola oil. This is definitely a keeper in my house :)"
"BEST stir-fly EVER!!! Just made it least week and making it again today but this time a doubled the recipe :)"
"BEST stir-fly EVER!!! Just made it least week, and making it again today both this time a double the recipe :)"
"I created an account just to review this amazing stir fry. It is the best stir fry I have ever had. We drank the broth out of our plates it was that good!"
"This was delicious. I made it with venison. An hubby loved it too! It is a keeper. I will add more ginger next time to add more heat. Also some shredded carrots and maybe some baby corn. Yum-OH!"
"Amazing Stir Fry totally enjoyed all the vegetables totally delicious. Next time I will be making more sauce to add to the stir fry simply because I think it totally adds more flavor."
"This was a very tasty meal.."
"Very good. Actually used Elk steak, and it was fantastic!!!!!!!"
"This is by far the best recipe. The only things I changed was I bought the frozen stir fry veggies and added a cup of marinade to the veggies when mostly done. My family loved it...proof was in the empty pot!! This is a 5 star keeper."
"Was hungry for a stir-fry and this did not disappoint! Great flavor. My husband and I almost ate the whole thing ourselves. Will have to try it with chicken and then shrimp to see what I like best. If you chop and slice up everything ahead of time, this is a quick and easy meal to put on the table. I will be making this often!"
"OK, that was suppose to be a 5 star! Sorry on the mess up."
"Definitely a keeper! Fantastic flavor and easy to prepare. Thanks for sharing!"
"Very tasty and simple to prepare"
"This one is a keeper! Fantastic flavour! Have made it often and will continue to do so."
"HAVEN'T MADE IT YET, BUT SOUNDS DELICIOUS"
"I have tried several beef stir-fry recipes but this one is the best so far. The honey adds the right amount of sweet flavor."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.