Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry for 3 Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (3/4 pound), cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in batches in oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add broccoli, onion and peppers to the pan; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Return beef to the pan. Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
One serving (1 cup beef mixture, calculated without rice) equals 320 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1 starch.
Reviews for Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry for 3
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.