Teriyaki Beef Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) ginger beer or ginger ale
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown beef in batches. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the ginger beer, teriyaki sauce, garlic and sesame seeds; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Stir in peas. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup stew (calculated without rice) equals 310 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.