Teriyaki Beef Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) ginger beer or ginger ale
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown beef in batches. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the ginger beer, teriyaki sauce, garlic and sesame seeds; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Stir in peas. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup stew (calculated without rice): 310 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Teriyaki Beef Stew
"I made this last night. It was good. The sauce really needs to be doubled. I will be making this again. The kids even liked it."
"So nice to find something else to use stew meat in. quick, easy and tasty. Only thing I would change is doubling on the sauce."
"This recipe just didn't work for me. The meat was dry, it needed flavor and the sauce never thickened."
"This was a wonderfully tasty stew. I didn't have a ginger beer but, I did have a pumpkin ale that I used instead. I served it over rice and my son and husband loved it. The meat was so tender and the asian seasonings were delicious."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.