Tater Tot Taco Salad
"Since I love potatoes and my husband and I both enjoy the flavor of tacos, this fun dish is a tasty meal-in-one for the two of us," comments Eleanor Mielke (left with her husband, Tom) of Mitchell, South Dakota. "It's not as messy as eating tacos...and the recipe can easily be doubled."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups frozen miniature Tater Tots
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Bake Tater Tots according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning. Divide Tater Tots
- between two serving plates or bowls.
- Top with taco mixture, cheese, olives, lettuce, taco sauce and sour
- cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 612 calories, 37 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 1,829 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.