Tasty Turkey Sub Recipe
This sub makes a delicious warm-weather main dish minutes!—Steven Scott, Cameron, West Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/3 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pound smoked or cooked turkey, thinly sliced
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 6 tomato slices (1/4 inch thick)
- Shredded lettuce
- 1. Halve bread lengthwise. Spread blue cheese dressing on cut side of top of bread. Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread on cut side of bottom of bread. Layer with turkey, bacon, avocado, tomato and lettuce. Cover with top half of bread. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 580 calories, 32 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,576 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC