Tasty Taco Soup Recipe
When I serve this soup at parties, everyone asks for the recipe. It makes a lot, so if I'm not feeding a crowd, I freeze the leftovers. —Jennifer Villarreal, Texas City, Texas
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, corn, beans and tomatoes. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Place tortilla chips in soup bowls; ladle soup over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 cup (calculated without chips and cheese) equals 380 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,395 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC