This is an easy after-work dish that's so tasty. It starts with tamales from a jar.Regina Albright, Southaven, Mississippi
3-4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 jar (13-1/2 ounces) tamales
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- Cut tamales into 3/4-in. slices. Place in a greased shallow 1-qt.
- baking dish. Top with half of the chili and onion. Sprinkle with 1/3
- cup corn chips and shredded cheese. Top with remaining chili and
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the
- remaining corn chips. Arrange cheese slices over top. Bake 5-10
- minutes longer or until chips are crisp and cheese is melted. Yield:
- 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 454 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 1,164 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 19 g protein.