Tamale Casserole Recipe
This is an easy after-work dish that's so tasty. It starts with tamales from a jar.—Regina Albright, Southaven, Mississippi
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:3-4 servings
- 1 jar (13-1/2 ounces) tamales
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut tamales into 3/4-in. slices. Place in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the chili and onion. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup corn chips and shredded cheese. Top with remaining chili and onion.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining corn chips. Arrange cheese slices over top. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chips are crisp and cheese is melted. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 454 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 1,164 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC