Tamale Casserole Recipe
- 1 jar (13-1/2 ounces) tamales
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut tamales into 3/4-in. slices. Place in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the chili and onion. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup corn chips and shredded cheese. Top with remaining chili and onion.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining corn chips. Arrange cheese slices over top. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chips are crisp and cheese is melted. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 454 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 1164mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 8g fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Tamale Casserole
"This was good with XLNT fresh tamales and homemade leftover chili."
"This is a quick and easy recipe with a great flavor. The only thing I added was a dollop of sour cream on my serving."