Tamale Casserole Recipe
- 1 jar (13-1/2 ounces) tamales
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut tamales into 3/4-in. slices. Place in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the chili and onion. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup corn chips and shredded cheese. Top with remaining chili and onion.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining corn chips. Arrange cheese slices over top. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chips are crisp and cheese is melted. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 454 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 1164mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 8g fiber), 19g protein .
Reviews for Tamale Casserole
"This was good with XLNT fresh tamales and homemade leftover chili."
"This is a quick and easy recipe with a great flavor. The only thing I added was a dollop of sour cream on my serving."