VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 jar (13-1/2 ounces) tamales
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- Cut tamales into 3/4-in. slices. Place in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the chili and onion. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup corn chips and shredded cheese. Top with remaining chili and onion.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining corn chips. Arrange cheese slices over top. bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chips are crisp and cheese is melted. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Tamale Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p307
Reviews forTamale Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review