Taco Skillet Recipe
I enjoy preparing one-dish dinners, and this is one of my favorites because it's so easy and attractive. Served with tortilla chips or taco shells, it's a fun meal for everyone. And because it's so festive looking, I put the skillet right on the table when we have company.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips or taco shells, shredded lettuce and salsa
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chilies and garlic powder; cook until heated through.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cumin and chili powder; spread over beef mixture. Top with tomato, olives and green pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tortilla chips or taco shells, lettuce and salsa. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 359 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC