Taco Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips or taco shells, shredded lettuce and salsa
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chilies and garlic powder; cook until heated through.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cumin and chili powder; spread over beef mixture. Top with tomato, olives and green pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tortilla chips or taco shells, lettuce and salsa. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 359 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 598mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Taco Skillet
"So easy to make, husband has requested this be added to our regular menus. Also, turns out as colorful as the photo."
"Re: Taco SkilletThis is delicious and so easySally Putnam"
"awesome cooking! to people on this website cook it and see what it tastes like its good"