Pork sausage, taco seasoning and taco sauce add plenty of zip to easy macaroni and cheese. "This zesty dish is just as yummy the next day," notes JoLynn Fribley, Oakley, Illinois. "Just warm it up and garnish with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and cheese."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (24 ounces) shells and cheese dinner mix
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Prepare shells and cheese mix according to package directions. Stir
- in the sausage, taco sauce and seasoning; cook until heated through.
- Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes and cheddar cheese if desired. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Kraft Velveeta Family-Size Shells & Cheese.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 465 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 1,413 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.