Taco Mac Recipe
Pork sausage, taco seasoning and taco sauce add plenty of zip to easy macaroni and cheese. "This zesty dish is just as yummy the next day," notes JoLynn Fribley, Oakley, Illinois. "Just warm it up and garnish with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and cheese."
- 1 package (24 ounces) shells and cheese dinner mix
- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. Prepare shells and cheese mix according to package directions. Stir in the sausage, taco sauce and seasoning; cook until heated through. Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes and cheddar cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 465 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 1,413 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC