Swirled Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Recipe
Since chocolate and peanut butter are two of my granddaughters' favorite flavors, I fix this cake often. It's moist and scrumptious.—Elaine Medeiros, Wamego, Kansas
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- PEANUT BUTTER BATTER:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into oil. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, 1/3 cup sugar, egg and salt until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls over cake batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl the peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining sugar.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 24 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 217 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC