Swirled Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Recipe
A silky homemade sauce is anything but vanilla when it comes to topping a scoop. These are the touches that make celebrations extra special. —Christina Seremetis, Rockland, Massachusetts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 quart fat-free frozen yogurt, softened
- 2-1/2 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar and walnuts; let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a large container, layer a third of the frozen yogurt and half the blueberry mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining frozen yogurt. Swirl mixture; freeze until firm.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate, milk and vanilla. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Serve with frozen yogurt. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup frozen yogurt with 1-1/2 teaspoons drizzle equals 221 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC