Sweet-Sour Sausage Bites Recipe
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the sausage for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels; set aside. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, combine the cornstarch, salt and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in the syrup, water and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Add the sausage, green pepper, cherries and pineapple. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Transfer to a shallow serving dish. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Sausage Bites
"I made these last year for our annual Christmas party. They are very good. And easy to make. I keep mine warm in a crockpot. Someone suggested serving them over rice as a easy dinner."
"Made this recipe for a Christmas party. Delicious! Liked the festive colors that the green pepper and cherries provide. Adding to my Christmas recipe favorites."