"As a pastor's wife, I frequently entertain church groups in my home, so I'm always looking for new recipes," says Maretta Bullock of McNeil, Arkansas. "These quick and easy appetizers are not only delicious, they're colorful, too. I've made them many times."
Recommended: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels; set aside. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside.
- In a large skillet, combine the cornstarch, salt and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in the syrup, water and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Add the sausage, green pepper, cherries and pineapple. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Transfer to a shallow serving dish. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Sweet-Sour Sausage Bites in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p60
Reviews forSweet-Sour Sausage Bites
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review