Sweet Cornmeal Muffins Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, oil, egg, and milk. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients; stir in sugar mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Coat four muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 muffins.
One muffin (prepared with egg substitute and fat-free milk) equals 153 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.