Sweet Candied Carrots Recipe
These tender, vibrant carrots have a buttery glaze and a mild sweetness. It’s a simple dish, but it sure makes carrots seem special.—P Lauren Fay-Neri, Syracuse, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into sticks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Place carrots in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, combine the butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir until butter is melted. Return carrots to the pan; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until glazed. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 125 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC