- 2 pounds carrots, cut into sticks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place carrots in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir until butter is melted. Return carrots to the pan; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until glazed. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSweet Candied Carrots
"Just made this recipe today. It's excellent and very simple. I added a tiny bit of onion powder to the carrots because my family likes that extra bit of flavor. Definitely a keeper!"
"Everyone really liked this recipe."
"I made these carrots a couple years, thought they were very good, I just sliced mine. Will make them again this year for Christmas."
"Wow! My mom made this AWESOME RECIPE and it was delicious. Great way to make children eat their veggies."
"These were so good. I will make them again."
"These are so delicious!"