This main dish is a nice change of pace from traditional sweet-and-sour meatballs. It's much quicker to make, too. For variety, I like to substitute a different kind of sausage, like spicy Italian.Nova MacIsaac, Souris, Prince Edward Island
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until a meat thermometer reads
- 160° drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into bite-size
- pieces; set aside.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, water, vinegar and ketchup; add to
- skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Add pineapple and sausage; heat through. Serve with rice.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 595 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,458 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.