Sunflower Broccoli Salad Recipe
“This crisp salad is so refreshing we always lick the bowl clean,” says Marilyn Newcomer of Sun City, California.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:2 servings
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the broccoli, bacon, onion, raisins and sunflower kernels. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; stir until smooth. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving, stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 290 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC