Sunday's Best Chicken Recipe
- 2 to 3 medium lemons
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1. Finely grate the peel from the lemons to measure 2 tablespoons; set aside. Coarsely chop 2 lemons; place chopped lemons and rosemary sprigs in the chicken cavity. Save remaining lemon for another use.
- 2. Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; brush with oil. Combine the minced rosemary, pepper, salt and lemon peel; rub over chicken.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally with drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.)
- 4. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Discard lemons and rosemary sprigs. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 555 calories, 34 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 179 mg cholesterol, 801 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 57 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.