- 2 to 3 medium lemons
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Finely grate the peel from the lemons to measure 2 tablespoons; set aside. Coarsely chop 2 lemons; place chopped lemons and rosemary sprigs in the chicken cavity. Save remaining lemon for another use.
- Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; brush with oil. Combine the minced rosemary, pepper, salt and lemon peel; rub over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally with drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.)
- Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Discard lemons and rosemary sprigs. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSunday's Best Chicken
"This is so good. As for the Nutritional facts they put them there for you to read. If you think it isn't good for you don't eat it. But, don't give it a bad review. Some people don't care and just want to eat something good once in a while...."
"Having the nutrition info is great but if you don't specify an amount in ounces/cups for the serving size the nutrition info is useless. 6 servings from a 6-7 lb chicken?????? Even with loss to bone and cooking that is over 1/2 POUNDS of chicken per person. Way more than recommended 3 oz. cooked. 555 calories sounds high, unless the serving is over 1/2 lbs."
"This was great so so moist I thought you would only taste the lemon but you don't."
"I think the count is for the whole chicken..."
"This sounds delicious... but is that nutritional info correct? One serving is 555 calories? How many ounces in that serving? Is skin included? 555 calories sounds excessive for chicken."