Sunday Morning Coffee Cake Recipe
This tasty, old-fashioned coffee cake, with a cinnamon-sugar streusel topping, cuts nicely for company and your family will love it, too. Serve it for breakfast or as a mid-afternoon dessert with a cup of coffee or tea. Field editor Lavonn Bormuth of Westerville, Ohio shared the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1. Beat butter, sugar and salt in a small bowl until crumbly. Add the egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; add to butter mixture. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve warm if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 236 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC