Sunday Morning Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1. Beat butter, sugar and salt in a small bowl until crumbly. Add the egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; add to butter mixture. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve warm if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 236 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 625mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Sunday Morning Coffee Cake
"this was not good to me.I love cinnamonbut this was way to much."
"I added raisins to the batter. For the topping, I substituted brown sugar for the white sugar, and added chopped pecans. The topping didn't crumble, probably because I used brown sugar instead of white. That didn't seem to take away anything from the cake; it was excellent. I will definitely make this again."