- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Beat butter, sugar and salt in a small bowl until crumbly. Add the egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; add to butter mixture. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve warm if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forSunday Morning Coffee Cake
"this was not good to me.I love cinnamonbut this was way to much."
"I added raisins to the batter. For the topping, I substituted brown sugar for the white sugar, and added chopped pecans. The topping didn't crumble, probably because I used brown sugar instead of white. That didn't seem to take away anything from the cake; it was excellent. I will definitely make this again."