Summer Corn Salad Recipe
This beautiful salad truly captures the summer season. It's chock full of fresh veggies and basil, and feta cheese gives it a rich, tangy flavor the whole family will love. —Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + standing YIELD:4 servings
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk 4 teaspoons oil, lime juice, salt and pepper sauce; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook and stir corn in remaining oil over medium-high heat until tender. Transfer to a salad bowl; cool slightly. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and basil. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- 3. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving or refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 136 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC