- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, salt, pepper sauce and 4 teaspoons oil; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute corn in remaining oil until tender. Transfer to a salad bowl; add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and basil. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving or refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSummer Corn Salad
"Made 9/11/16 - I liked a great deal. I think the lime juice made a huge addition to the flavor."
"I made a few changes to this but I don't think it really affected the taste that much. My husband and I both agreed this tasted absolutely delicious. I used frozen corn, thawed it, and skipped the skillet step. I also hate cucumber so I used zucchini instead. I didn't have red onion so I used yellow onion. I omitted the hot sauce because I can't have anything spicy. Lastly, I used goat cheese instead of feta. SO SO SO good! I used this as a side to a crab cake and it was perfect. I think that if you don't like the natural, fresh taste of JUST vegetables, you probably won't like this. The lemon and basil just enhance the natural flavor of the vegetables. It's not a DRESSING."
"Followed recipe as is. Just okay. Couldn't taste the lime or hot sauce at all, too much oil. Not terribly appealing the next day, was very watery with the cukes & tomatoes giving up their juice. Next time I would maybe try cilantro instead of basil. Fresh tasting, but blah even with the feta & fresh basil."
"This salad is like summer in a bowl. I have made this many times and never have any leftovers. Use fresh corn and basil, if possible - it makes all the difference. I have made it without the onion and it is still delicious."
"Made this for supper two nights ago. We loved it. Definitely making this one again."
"This is a great cold salad to serve along a grilled meat entree!"
"Tasty, simple and inexpensive salad to make during the spring/summer when all the seasonal veggies are cheap. Nice side to have on a hot day. Thanks for sharing the recipe."
"Even more amazing the next day.I used fresh corn on the cob & microwaved them 4 min. a piece & cut off the ends & shook them right out clean.Now you can skip the cooking in olive oil step."