Succulent Beef Skewers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), turning occasionally. Yield: 6 skewers.
1 skewer equals 170 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.