- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Thread beef onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 skewers.
Reviews forSucculent Beef Skewers
"This was fantastic! I was looking for something besides the lemon/soy/garlic/mustard marinade that so many of us use for steak. Splurge for the fresh herbs, go heavy on them and only use 1 clove of garlic. This was beautiful and not too salty for BBQ beef kebabs. Made 4 large meat kebabs - feeds 4-6."
"I'm a sucker for meat on a stick and these are so yummy!"
"You must try this one - it is a terrific marinade. IF you have leftovers, there will be an argument about who gets them. I used about 2 T. brown sugar just because...."
"This is a family favorite. I use it for not only kabobs, but also flank steaks and london broil. It's truly succulent and requested again and again."