Strawberry Slush Recipe
"This make-ahead slush is really refreshing on hot summer days," writes Patricia Schroedl of Jefferson, Wisconsin. "Pour lemon-lime soda over scoops of the strawberry blend for a fast fruity treat that's so thick you'll have to eat it with a spoon."
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fat-free vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 liters diet lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Additional fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, mash strawberries; add ice cream. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in water; stir in lemon juice. Add to the strawberry mixture and mix well. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. freezer container; cover and freeze overnight.
- 2. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Spoon into glasses; add soda. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1/2 cup: 63 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Strawberry Slush
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC