Strawberry Romaine Salad Recipe
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the romaine, strawberries and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until blended. Serve with salad. Yield: 8-10 servings (1 cup dressing).
Reviews for Strawberry Romaine Salad
"This salad is a winner every time. Everybody who tries it for the first time always wants the recipe. Our family favorite!"
"This was a very tasty salad. I particularly liked the dressing. I used walnuts instead of almond and they were great."
"Made this many times, try adding some crumbled blue cheese on top...Yum!"
"This is a crowd pleaser! I use green onion instead of red rings because it is always on hand. I make this often and everyone raves about how good it is!"
"Don't hesitate to try this salad. It is wonderful with its unique ingredients."
"This looks good."