Strawberry Orange Pecan Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper sauce until blended. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. In a large heavy skillet, melt sugar over medium-low heat without stirring until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Add pecans and butter; stir constantly until butter is melted and pecans are coated. Remove from the heat. Pour onto a foil-lined baking sheet; cool completely. Break pecans apart if necessary.
- 3. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, romaine, oranges, celery, strawberries and onions. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with sugared pecans. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Orange Pecan Tossed Salad
"I omit the recipe's pecans and buy already sweetened ones that I already know that I enjoy!"
"My friends and family love this salad. Especially the pecans. I did burn the pecans once. I take it off the heat as soon as the sugar is melted."
"The pecans taste terrible."
"The pecans come out looking like black bugs and tasted aweful"