Strawberry Lover's Pie
The second question people ask when I serve them this pie is, "What's your recipe?" It comes right after their first question: "May I have another slice?" I like sewing and quilting, gardening…and canning the surplus! —Lauretha Rowe, Scranton, Kansas
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 to 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam, melted
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 oz. chocolate and butter over low heat,
- stirring constantly; spread or brush over the bottom and up the
- sides of pastry shell. Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar
- and vanilla until smooth. Spread over chocolate layer; cover and
- chill for 2 hours.
- Arrange strawberries over the filling; brush with jam. Melt the
- remaining chocolate and drizzle over the top. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 286 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.