Steamed Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- VANILLA SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Beat in egg. Stir in chocolate. Combine the flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well just until combined.
- 2. Pour into a well-greased 7-cup pudding mold; cover. Place mold on a rack in a deep kettle; add 1 in. of hot water to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cover and steam for 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until top springs back when lightly touched, adding water as needed.
- 3. Remove mold to a wire rack; cool for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, vanilla and nutmeg.
- 4. Unmold pudding onto a serving plate; cut into wedges. Serve warm with sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
1 each: 347 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 435mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Steamed Chocolate Pudding
"I would like to know how much chocolate to use. It is not noted in the recipe."
"What is a pudding mold? Is there an alternative way to prepare this, because I am a chocoholic and it sounds amazing."